- Title page
- Commissioner's Overview
- Our Strategic Direction
- The Role of the State Services Commission
- Delivering Better Public Services
- Organising for the Future
- Responding to Changing Needs
- Our Success in 2016/17
- Strategy and Policy
- Integrity, Ethics and Standards
- System and Agency Performance
- Workforce and Talent Management
- Corporate Services
- Report on Strategic Intentions
- End-of-Year Reporting
- Statement of Responsibility
- Independent Auditors Report
- Statement of Performance
- Statement of Budgeted and Actual Departmental and Non-departmental Expenses and Capital Expenditure Incurred Against Appropriations
- Financial Statements and Schedules
- Departmental Financial Statements
- Notes to the Departmental Financial Statements and Non-departmental Schedules
- Non-departmental Schedules
- List of Acronyms
Responding to Changing Needs
To support our focus on responding to changing needs, system leaders who report to the State Services Commissioner are leading two further programmes of work.
Achieving the Auckland that New Zealand needs
There is a large number of public servants based in Auckland, and as the city continues to grow, there is an increased need to coordinate government agencies in order to tackle the big issues such as transport and housing.
Delivering our goal of achieving the Auckland that New Zealand needs, is led by the Deputy Commissioner for Auckland from the Auckland Policy Office, and supported by an Auckland chief executives group. Together they are responsible for determining and coordinating government efforts in Auckland and providing advice to the Commissioner and Minister of the State Services.
Supporting system reform
The State Services Commissioner is focused on bringing real change to the system via the State Services Leadership Team. Supported by the Better Public Services work stream leads, a Deputy Commissioner is leading work to identify and make fit for purpose the legislative and institutional artefacts that support or create barriers to agencies working together.