Today, on the 125th Anniversary of Women’s Suffrage in New Zealand, I want to recognise the central government winners and finalists from last night's Women of Influence Awards in Auckland.
It’s great to see Public Service women featuring so strongly in these awards. There are many women doing fantastic, innovative work in the Public Service, and recognition like this brings their achievements to wider public attention.
I am totally committed to driving change that allows women to realise their full potential in our workforce. I believe the public sector can, and should, be the standard-setter in this area. We have made good progress, but there is more to be done.
I’d like to personally congratulate all the public sector nominees listed below, and in particular Sarah Vrede, who until recently was Director Financial Operations and Head of the New Zealand Debt Management Office at Treasury.
Global – Winner
- Sarah Vrede, Director, Financial Operations and NZ Debt Management Office, The Treasury
Public Policy - Finalists
- Helene Quilter, Secretary of Defence
- Keriana Brooking, Deputy Director Service Commissioning, Ministry of Health
- Louise Harris, Executive Advisor, NZ Transport Agency
- Sonia Wilson, Manager, Youth Justice Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children
Board and Management - Finalist
- Lara Ariell, Chief Financial Officer, Inland Revenue
Diversity – Finalist
- Jane Wrightson, Chief Executive, NZ On Air
Well done to all of you.