The State Services Commission (SSC) releases information on the State sector workforce and makes key information publicly available. This is so New Zealanders have more visibility about who works in our public agencies, what their roles are, how much people earn and where it is they go to work. This information shows trends and changes over time, both at an individual agency level, and aggregated up to Public Service level, and assists agencies in making informed decisions about their workforce, to ensure the delivery of better public services.
Click on the following tiles to view the Public Service Workforce Data. These contain interactive visualisations with the ability to download data where available:
- 2018 Public Service Workforce Data (PSWD) pdf – this is a simplified version of the PSWD information in PDF format that can be used for printing
- Guide to using the 2018 PSWD Report
- Supporting information to the PSWD information and historic reports
- Guidance on Workforce & Contractor Information
- Provide feedback for this report