The Spirit of Service Awards are open to organisations across central and local government. The Award categories recognise Public Sector excellence and a spirit of service.
The categories celebrate:
- Better Outcomes: Ground-breaking outcomes in areas that matter most for the long-term wellbeing of New Zealanders.
- Service Excellence: Leading-edge service improvements that are making a real difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
- Māori/Crown Relationships: Outstanding contributions to strengthening the health of Māori relationships through:
- auahatanga (innovation)
- whakapūmautanga (durability)
- kōwhiringa (opportunities)
- Leadership in Governance: Outstanding public sector leadership in governance.
- Young Leader of the Year: Inspirational young public sector leaders who embody the spirit of service.
There are two Awards that are not open to nominations.
- The Prime Minister’s Award winner will be selected from the winners of the Better Outcomes, Service Excellence, Māori/Crown Relationships, and Leadership in Governance categories.
- A Lifetime Achievement Award winner will be selected by the State Services Commissioner. This award honours an individual who embodies the spirit of service and who has made an exceptional contribution to the Public Sector in their lifetime.
Click here to view the Award categories and criteria.
Click here to return to the Spirit of Service Awards home page.