Chief Executives of Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities regularly disclose their expenses to provide transparency and accountability for their discretionary expenditure. The State Services Commission has issued model standards (PDF, 90KB). The disclosures make transparent the standards of probity and financial prudence and provide public assurance about the propriety of the expenditure. This requirement is in line with international practice, and in New Zealand, Ministers, MPs and Mayors are all subject to disclosure provisions.
Chief Executives make this information publicly available annually on their agency's website and link it to www.data.govt.nz.
Disclosures containing information for the financial year (ending 30 June) are published by 31 July each year.
Further resources, which include the Excel workbook to be used, a guide for agency staff and DIA guidance for linking datasets, are provided below.
- Workbook - CE Gifts Benefits & Expenses Disclosure Workbook (XLSX 67 KB)
- Guide for agency Staff - CE Expenses A guide for agency staff (DOCX 215 KB)
- Apply for a Data.govt.nz publisher account -
- How to link data to Data.govt.nz -
- Model standards - Chief Executive Gifts, Benefits and Expenses (PDF 89KB)
If you need any assistance, contact SSC at email@example.com.