Using the Visualisations
There are 2 types of visualisations used in our reports: Tableau embedded charts and image (static) charts.
Each Tableau chart has tabs (above the chart title) which you can click to change the displayed visualisation. Some charts also have drop-down boxes that allow you to customise the chart further. The drop down boxes appear underneath the chart title and have a downward facing arrow at the right of the box.
Underneath each chart there are 3 buttons: Share, Download and Full Screen.
The Share button enables you to share the chart by email, Twitter or Facebook. The embed code allows you to embed the chart into your own website.
The Download button allows you to download the content, see the 'Exporting Data and Graphs' section below.
The Full Screen button will open the visualisation in full screen mode.
Image charts and non-Tableau tables are static.
Exporting Tableau Data and Charts
You can export both the underlying data and any Tableau visualisation by clicking on the Download button (bottom right of the chart):
- Tableau Workbook allows you to download the visualisation into Tableau if you have Tableau installed.
- PDF produces a downloadable .pdf version of the chart.
- Crosstab generates a .csv file with the underlying data from the selected visualisation
- Data creates a table of underlying data from the selected visualisation, which you can choose to download as a text file
- Image will generate a .png image file of the selected visualisation
If you print directly from the web pages, the visualisations will not print.
If you want to print the visualisations, there are two ways to print:
- You can print the pdf version of the report. The link Â for the PDF version is on the home page of the report.
- You can print Tableau visualisations by clicking on the ‘Download’ button in the bottom right hand corner of the visualisation, then either choosing to export it to pdf or as an image. You will need to choose to open or save the file. This will download the graph to a file which you can print from.