In this section we highlight demographic differences that were either statistically significant in 2015 or that reflected demographic patterns.
Based on most recent experience of public sector services:
- Trust among females is higher than males.
- Those of NZ European, Asian and Other ethnicities have higher levels of trust than those of Māori and Pacific ethnicities.
- Levels of trust within the 65+ age group is highest of any age group.
- Those with a disability report lower levels of trust.
Based on perception of trust in public sector services:
- Trust among females is lower than males.
- Those of Asian ethnicity have higher levels of trust than for any other ethnic group, with those of Māori and Pacific ethnicities reporting the lowest levels.
- Trust within the 65+ age group is higher than other age groups.
- Those who reported having a disability had lower levels of trust.
- Those with a personal income over $70k trust more than those who earn less.
Demographic results for perception of trust in private sector services were similar to results for public sector services.