In this section we highlight demographic differences that were either statistically significant in 2015 or that reflected demographic patterns:
- Satisfaction with both public and private sector services is higher for females than for males in 2015; by two points for public sector service and three points for private sector services.
- By ethnic group, satisfaction with public sector services for those of Asian ethnicity is highest (76), followed by NZ Europeans (74), Other (73), Pasifika (71), with Māori satisfaction lowest at 70.
- By age group, satisfaction of 55+ year olds with public sector services is higher than for younger people.
- In contrast to all other age groups, satisfaction with private sector services is higher than satisfaction with public sector services for 18-24 year olds.
- There are no differences in satisfaction with public services by personal income, although those with a personal income over $70k had the lowest satisfaction with private sector services.
- Satisfaction with public sector services is two points higher for those without a disability than for those with a disability.