This section of the toolkit provides advice to the management and human resources teams to ensure that they can confidently recruit and maximise the potential of disabled employees throughout the employment cycle:
- having an equitable and accessible recruitment process where disabled people are encouraged to apply
- having job specifications that focus on the core requirements of the role
- knowing if employees need reasonable accommodations
- being flexible and responsive to the disabled candidate or employee's needs.
- providing disabled employees with the same opportunities for training and development as everyone else
- not making assumptions about what a person can do.
WorkAble has some helpful information on recruitment
If you would like to know more about advice for managers click here.