The Official Information Forum provides an opportunity for agency leaders and practitioners to come together to discuss official information practices, issues and to learn from each other.
The Official Information Forum is open to staff from all State sector agencies subject to the Official Information Act 1982.
The Official Information Forum is run in two streams: one for agency practitioners and one for agency leaders. The Practitioners’ Official Information Forum focuses on day-to-day issues of implementing the Act while the Leaders’ Official Information Forum focuses on leadership issues and driving agency change.
Documents from previous OIA Forums
Information is published here after each meeting.
- 24 May 2017 – Practitioners' forum
- 14 August 2017 – Leaders’ forum on proactive release
- 23 November 2017 – Practitioners’ forum on new OIA guidance and the capability development toolkit
- Agenda and speaking notes (264KB PDF)
- Presentation on OIA guidance (581KB PDF)
- Presentation on the official information capability development toolkit (768KB PDF)
- Presentation on learning needs survey (478KB PDF)
- Update from the Office of the Ombudsman (308KB PDF)
- 20 August 2018 - Practitioners' forum on proactive release of official information
- 31 October 2018 – Leaders’ forum on proactive release of Cabinet papers and OIA practice reviews
- 29 November 2018 – Practitioners’ workshop on proactive release of Cabinet papers
- 11 February 2019 – Practitioners’ forum on the publication of OIA responses
- 13 August 2019 – Accessibility, and proactive release of Cabinet papers
- October 2019 – New OIA Practitioners
- November 2019